Kelsey Oster, PsyD
Neuropsychology Department Training Coordinator
Dr. Kelsey Oster specializes in the evaluation and assessment of individuals of all ages with psychological, neurological, neurodevelopmental, and/or degenerative disorders/diseases.
During both her neuropsychology residency and fellowship Dr. Oster worked with the pediatric and geriatric population where she gained a comprehensive understanding of each population's idiosyncrasies including normal developmental stages in language, learning, and memory.
Dr. Oster is passionate about providing a welcoming environment that meets the unique needs and demands of each patient and their loved ones so everyone is as comfortable as possible throughout the evaluation process. This includes understanding that it can be a challenge to sit or remain focused for long periods of time. Dr. Oster utilizes and incorporates many resources like taking movement breaks between tasks or spending some time with her Certified Therapy Dog, Otto Oster.
In addition to her time with patients, Dr. Oster helps lead our Neuropsychology Training Department. This year we accepted 6 new and 3 returning students to learn and train under our clinical team. Our program allows students to train within both our neuropsychological diagnostic and psychotherapy departments and is based on the idea that effective training requires a balance of clinical experience, supervision, and didactic training. In her position, Dr. Oster fosters an environment that provides encouragement and promotes professional growth through challenge.
Clinical Focus Areas
- Autism Spectrum Disorder/ASD insurance re-evaluations
- Learning Disabilities
- Developmental Delay
- Brain Injury & Concussion
- Degenerative disease (e.g., Parkinson's disease, Alzheimer's disease)
- Pediatric population
- Geriatric population
Education & Qualifications
- Doctorate in Clinical Psychology (PsyD) from the Illinois School of Professional Psychology
- Specialization certifications in Neuropsychology
- Residency in Clinical Neuropsychology
- Specialization in the Pediatric & Geriatric populations
- Conducted research on Parkinson’s Disease at Rush University Medical Center’s Parkinson's Disease and Movement Disorders Center
- Dr. Oster’s focused on researching Psychosis within Parkinson's Disease
Hospital and Rehabilitation/Residential Affiliations
- Northwest Community Hospital
- Lutheran Home: A Lutheran Life Community