What is Neurofeedback (BrainPaint)?
Neurofeedback is a leading edge EEG biofeedback technology that aids the brain in rebalancing, regulating, and improving brain function. Neurofeedback is an evidence-based and validated intervention that is completely painless and noninvasive.
- Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Autism Spectrum Disorders
- Peak Performance
- Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
- Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI)
- Substance Use Disorders
How does Neurofeedback work?
Neurofeedback uses electrodes to measure brain wave activity, the amplifier reads and sorts the patient’s EEG signal, and neurofeedback technology translates the signal into audio and visual feedback that guides the patient to a balanced state. Specifically, neurofeedback helps the brain re-balance from states of under-arousal, over-arousal, and other imbalances that are the result of neuropsychological disorders.
- Sleep disturbances
- Poor focus
- Poor attention
- Poor impulse control
- Sensory overload
- Concussion/Traumatic Brain Injuries
- Chronic pain
- Mood swings
Why choose Neurofeedback?
At Landstrom Center, a comprehensive diagnostic evaluation is utilized to create individualized neurofeedback protocols that are targeted to each patient's presenting problem and concerns. Continually, progress is monitored on an ongoing basis, from session to session, and your clinical team will be actively involved to maximize the effectiveness of treatment and make sure each patient is progressing.
- Neurofeedback is an evidence-based and validated intervention.
- Neurofeedback is rated as a Level One Evidence Based Treatment for children with ADHD by the American Academy of Pediatrics.
- Neurofeedback for ADHD improves focus, attention, motivation, mood, confidence, school, and work performance.
- Multiple studies have found Neurofeedback to be effective in improving symptoms ADHD with about 50% of patients being able to stop taking medications.
- Data analysis from over 21,000 BrainPaint® patients show 82% report symptoms improved or resolved by the twentieth session.
- Research studies resulted in 100% of Vietnam veteran subjects gaining long-term recovery from PTSD. These protocols also resulted in 77% of substance dependent subjects being sober one year after treatment as compared to 44% of control subjects.
|Targeted Symptom ||Number of Subjects ||Session 2 (%) ||Session 5 (%) ||Session 10 (%) ||Session 20 (%) |
|ADHD ||n=1185 ||37 ||60 ||74 ||78 |
|Autism ||n=354 ||36 ||45 ||61 ||78 |
|Chronic Fatigue ||n=97 ||40 ||55 ||72 ||76 |
|Chronic Pain ||n=298 ||33 ||51 ||65 ||67 |
|Depression ||n=1544 ||37 ||60 ||74 ||78 |
|Insomnia ||n=1661 ||49 ||63 ||71 ||79 |
|Migraines ||n=147 ||36 ||47 ||68 ||77 |
|Mood Swings ||n=90 ||48 ||61 ||72 ||84 |
|Motor Tics ||n=18 ||33 ||36 ||46 ||100 |
|Nightmares ||n=222 ||62 ||73 ||72 ||85 |
|OCD ||n=337 ||42 ||64 ||71 ||75 |
|Psychosis ||n=19 ||71 ||63 ||86 ||100 |
|PTSD ||n=819 ||55 ||71 ||85 ||89 |