The health and safety of all of our patients continues to be our first priority in the wake of the evolving situation around the novel coronavirus (COVID-19).
Landstrom Center will remain OPEN as long as we can offer a safe and healthy environment for our patients and our staff. We remain committed to delivering exceptional care for our patients, while doing our part to reduce the spread of COVID-19, including monitoring of the health and well being of our staff. Based on recent scientific evidence on best practice to slow the spread of the virus, the following action plan is in place:
- We will be wiping down surfaces including door handles, tables, countertops several times per day using anti-bacterial and anti-virus wipes/spray.
- Blankets and pillows have been removed from treatment rooms.
- Access to hand sanitizer for our patients and staff.
- Non-essentials have been removed from waiting room including magazines, books and children’s toys
- Waiting room chairs have been spaced to increase distance.
- Neurofeedback rooms will follow enhanced disinfecting procedure between each appointment (see neurofeedback/neurotherapy patients will be provided will additional information)
SOCIAL DISTANCING PROCEDURES
Social distancing plan is to reduce the number of people in the waiting room. Health officials are recommending a distance of at least 6 feet. We ask our patients to be adhere to the following office precautions:
- Limit number of people attending an appointment. Please do not bring additional people who are not involved in treatment (ex.- siblings)
- Parents or family members not required or needed to be in session, will be asked to
- return upon completion, wait in the large building lobby on the 1st floor or in their car.
- Clinicians will be adjusting their appointment times to reduce number of people in waiting room at the same time.
- More aggressive social distancing measures are recommended if you are sick or in a high-risk category such as being elderly or if you have a chronic illness such as heart disease, diabetes or lung disease.
- If you are in one of these categories or if you have serious concerns about being in public right now, please do not hesitate to cancel your appointment. You will not be charged a cancellation fee.
- If you are unable to attend a session in-person because one of the reasons listed above, please contact the office or your provider about making alternate arrangements for your treatment.
CANCEL APPOINTMENTS IF:
- you have a fever, and any of these other symptoms, cough, shortness of breath, or fatigue.
- you have been near someone during the previous 14 days who has been diagnosed with COVID-19, or has traveled to an area identified by the CDC as a Level 3 Travel Health Notice location.
We will continue taking proper precautions as outlined in our policies and will adjust our actions based on recommendations from local government as well as the Illinois Department of Public Health and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
We recognize that these are unsettling times and we want you to know that your safety and well being are our first priority. Please reach out to our team with any questions or concerns during this time.
Matthew J. Landstrom, PsyD
Owner, Landstrom Neuropsychological Center, PC