Jordyn Varga, PsyD
Post Doctoral Resident, Clinical Psychology
Licensed Professional Counselor
Dr. Jordyn Varga uses a relational and person-centered approach to therapy as she understands how important it is for individuals to feel safe within the therapeutic relationship. She focuses on meeting patients where they are to help create an environment where they feel comfortable exploring their personal journey. Dr. Varga values the patient’s perspective, which is why she encourages a collaborative approach to therapy whereby she and the patient work together to help the patient achieve their goals. Dr. Varga integrates mindfulness-based, cognitive behavioral therapy, and emotion-focused therapy techniques into her therapy sessions. She primarily works with adolescents and young adults struggling with depression, anxiety, interpersonal relationships, and understanding who they are.
Dr. Varga was motivated to join a neuro-focused practice because of the comprehensive and individualized approach it provides for each patient. She specializes in evaluation-informed therapy as this helps her understand the whole person in order to give them the best possible treatment for their unique needs.
Dr. Varga is a very optimistic, upbeat, and passionate individual who strives to provide a space where patients feel safe, supported, and empowered. In her spare time, she enjoys geocaching, bowling, and spending time with family and friends.
Clinical Focus Areas
- Interpersonal difficulties
- Identity struggles
- Adolescents and Young Adults
Education & Qualifications
- Doctorate in Clinical Psychology (Psy.D) from the Illinois School of Professional Psychology at National Louis University
- Licensed Professional Counselor (IL License #178.014043)
- American Psychological Association
Publications & Presentations
- Varga, J., & Gaskins, H. (April 2017). The Impact of SES and Divorce on Families with Children. Presented at the 2017 Annual Illinois Association of Marriage and Family Therapy Conference, Naperville, IL
- Riccio, S., & Varga, J. (April 2017). Parental Incarceration and the Family System. Presented at the 2017 Annual Illinois Association of Marriage and Family Therapy Conference, Naperville, IL